Friday, September 30, 2005

So finally the construction work is over. Our home was a complete mess during last two weeks. Mazdoors, mistri's, plumbers, paint wala and ufff so many other people qabzafyied it. It's been such a difficult, tough, crazy, hectic, horrible, terrible, miserable, pathatic and etc etc week for me. I want to add more words but my vocab is limited. Kaash mein ne angrezi achi tarah seekhi hoti ;). But anyways it's over now and the house looks neat which is always a great feeling. But we had to cut some parts of that huge Aam ka drakht (mango tree) just outside my room which I am going to miss.

It was a learning experience for me. I can safely get any construction work done in future. From hiring to firing (now thats really tough ask.. me?), mistri's disappearing in the middle of work I went through almost everything. Most difficult thing is to manage labor. They basically dont want to work but still wanna get paid. Oh well dont we all want it most of the times and our bosses make us work? ;). And even more difficult if you try to do it nicely, one has to become a bit harsh and only then things are done the right way.

In another news I couldn't sleep well for 5-6 days due to this work thingie and now I will be leaving for isloo tomorrow morning for a day or two, driving by myself. mera kia bane ga. So many things are happening in such a short span of time but I am hoping things would slow down sometime next week.

I need a break from everything and I can't seem to have it. I think I am stuck for now. Oh and one great thing is that my sister and brother have finally decided to come and visit us right after Eid in their Christmas holidays. It's been three years since we sat on a dinner table, all of us. I am really excited. I miss the time when we were together but I guess thats ok :)

4 Comments:

Blogger psnob said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 30, 2005  
Blogger psnob said...

damn, just realised after posting that that i'd used your name :p :s sowie!

heh, i need some time to get used to the you who talks about himself! :P :D
i know what you mean about the complete invasion of privacy...i don't think i could handle it :s

ps. yeah, it was 27th sep...thanks. why'd you think august? when's yours? and did i mention a specific birthday wish sometime? cuz i actually didn't know what to wish for when blowing out the candles :s

September 30, 2005  
Blogger Sadaff said...

i like the smell of geela geela cement when the mistris are working but the noise is crazy.

oh and isloo is no nice.
and the drive would be fun too. all you need is some acha music and tonnes of junk food and you are set.

bon voyage.

ps: nahi i thought darwaish was an urdu word. ;(

October 01, 2005  
Blogger ordered-chaos said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh a drive with no one but music and heaps of junk food ...What more do you need derwaish to recuperate from the hellish ordeal you have been through ( I having suffered similar straits can well imagine the hell construction is ...At least your house is back to order ours is still in shambles.The mistris are out but the clutter they left is still being resolved :(
PS:WRT your comment agar judge sahab mad hon to wo her ek ko maar sakte hain ....and here I thought you being a friend would actually volunteer yourself to vent my temper on *Sob* ...Hadd ho gaye yane ;)
Have a safe and fun trip.Seems like you and I will miss the Ghubbara meet aj :D

October 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home