Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Other Wanderer

Once on a time I met another man of the roads. He too was a little mad, and thus spoke to me:
"I am a wanderer. Oftentimes it seems that I walk the earth among pygmies. And because my head is seventy cubits farther from the earth than theirs, it creates higher and freer thoughts.
"But in truth I walk not among men but above them, and all they can see of me is my footprints in their open fields.
"And often have I heard them discuss and disagree over the shape and size of my footprints. For there are some who say, 'These are the tracks of a mammoth that roamed the earth in the far past.' And others say, 'Nay, these are places where meteors have fallen from the distant stars.'
"But you, my friend, you know full well that they are naught save the footprints of a wanderer."

Khalil Gibran

2 Comments:

Blogger ordered-chaos said...

Wilde , Sartre , jibran.....All dead:@:@:@:@:@
makes me want to wring my hands and go " why was I born with such contemperories"

PS: walkin se ziada soakin and now paying for it tha :)

PSS:gave the lahore blog my gmail addy . I see they have responded trying to open my gmail with complete failure ab.Lets see.

September 10, 2005  
Blogger ordered-chaos said...

I usually go to the old bookshops.Ferozson pe kuch kitabain saste bhi hoti hai werna to books have become way too expansive.Unfortunately aj kal gaare nai hai .
And happiness mayhap andar he ho aj kal to mil nai rahe :) accha bhala mood buhat accha tha aj but ab nai hai for no apparent reasons ::)
I love tarawee ke atmos.aur like I said Allah mian se kaam baray hain :)

September 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home