Sunday, August 21, 2005

Watching Israeli troops forcing Jewish settlers out of Gaza strip was absolutely amazing. I have seen Israeli bulldozers destroying Palestinian homes many many times but this time it was the same bulldozers demolishing Jewish Settlements. Although it's not something as big as being projected in western media but still (Israel still controls Air and Sea around Gaza), not many people expected this from Sharon. To me it marks the beginning of an end. One small but historic step towards peace in Middle East perhaps? Only time will tell.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Source: Cincinnati.com
A goodbye note is painted on the side of an abandoned home in the Jewish settlement of Neve Dekalim, in the southern Gaza Strip Saturday, Aug. 20, 2005.

For some reason these events take me back to 11th century battles between Christians and Salahuddin Ayubi. Salahuddin started liberating the occupied lands one by one and eventually Jerusalem fell in 1187 after 90 years of Christian occupation. It's been 54 years now (since 1948) and I really don’t see any Salahuddin Ayubi around but my sixth or seventh sense tells me it is that beginning that many of us were waiting for. I don’t know how it will happen and who will do it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Crusades have always been my special area of interest and I am glad atleast something has happened in my life time similar to what I read in history books years ago. May be I will live to see another fall of Jerusalem :)

2 Comments:

Blogger psnob said...

the second picture is just...wow.
ps - thanks! i took it...
pps - the post that was before this - verrrry intriguing!

August 21, 2005  
Blogger Sadaff said...

the visuals and the words together are sucha cut throat despcription.

great post!


ps: I love your blog title, have you heard that song *la vie en rose* by Isabelle Boulay?

August 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home