Sunday, May 15, 2005

Some crazy mullah has written a book in Norway (apparently being sold at the streets of Oslo) which describes white people as the work of the devil. The book is written in Urdu/Punjabi and being sold by individuals on the streets who quietly approach potential customers. "Putar Shaitan Da" or "Son of Satan" does not call directly for attacks on whites but does call for them to be punished.

"This barbarian, this venomous snake, has poisoned humanity. The white man has set off a diabolical spiral on the entire planet to torment people."

The sad thing is that its being done in the name of Islam. Since when Islam teaches racism?

The next thing which really pissed me off when I first saw it was that cartoon published in Washington Times which had Pakistan written on a dog. Disgusting. But when I thought about it the next day I reallized it was, perhaps, the truth which many of us dont want to face. The ugly things we (The Military to be precise) did in Afghanistan, Tribal Areas (and to Dr Qadeer) justify Washington Time's publication of such cartoon. Afterall we do act upon instructions from Washington, dont we?

Government is spending billions of rupees on ad campaigns aimed to project a SOFT ('Moderate & Enlightened') image of Pakistan. You must have seen some of such ads already on TV or newspapers (along with those Parha Likha Punjab ads which are only aired to show that lovely CM). I really dont understand how these ad campaigns would help gareeb aur unparh log and how can we improve our image as a nation through ads?

There is no point in cleaning the mirror, when what we really need to do is to clean our own face

I wish we had some common sense to spend that money on clean drinking water or education or health where it is needed the most.

I think I need a break. I need to shut down my systems for a while.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, they should have written Mushy on the dog in that cartoon, would have been perfectly acceptable to me.

Zahid

May 18, 2005  
Blogger damned said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 21, 2005  
Blogger damned said...

argh. I was half near wild with rage when I heard about Dr. Qadeer. assholes that we are, and yes it IS our fault, we take all the crap that's fed to us. Not that protesting would do a bit of good, but there's no harm in trying to topple the asshole that's ruling us and his puppets.
upar sai, there's more jihalat in terms of Islam than it's teaching. I was wondering when we'll have our 'renaissance', cos being a student of history I've found similarites among the chrisitans of 14th century and muslims of 14th century(right now). it's about time someone did something. For their own good.

May 21, 2005  
Blogger Darwaish said...

Yeah! I strongly believe that being Weak is a curse! No point in blaming others for our own faults!

But we never seem to understand this simple fact as a nation! Its so true that history repeats itself because we repeat our mistakes.

And I still can't forget Dr Qadeer's eyes when he was live on television.

p.s: Zahid: Mushy is basically !@$#@#$ <-- censored... so usko koi faraq nahi pare ga :| :P

May 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home